HSHS Nursing Student Orientation – This video is for nursing students who will be doing clinical time (either instructor-led and/or precepted) in any of the HSHS Eastern WI hospitals (St. Vincent, St. Mary’s, St. Clare, and St. Nicholas). Students are seen as an important part of their healthcare team and need to have a good understanding of their values and what it means to be a nurse at their facilities.
Prior to working at a clinical site, the following Orientation Modules must be completed annually by faculty and students. After completing all four modules and you understand the information presented; complete, sign, and submit to your school the “Confidentiality Agreement and Acknowledgement of Orientation Learning Modules” form. Please give the signed and dated form to your school coordinator or faculty member, NOT the healthcare facility. This form verifies students and faculty completed and understand all four modules, in addition to their abiding by the confidentiality requirements.
ORIENTATION MODULES 1-4
- HIPAA Privacy & Security – New 6/26/2020
- Infection Prevention – New 5/22/2020
- Professional Expectations in the Workplace – New 5/22/2020
- Safety in the Workplace – New 5/22/2020
Students must meet the GGBHA student immunization and health requirements (see below) and complete a criminal background check.
At the completion of a clinical experience, students are to complete the ‘Student Evaluation of the Clinical Site OR Precepted Clinical’ for and return it to their college or university instructor. Faculty should submit the completed ‘Student Evaluation of the Clinical Site OR Precepted Clinical’ forms to the healthcare facility’s clinical site coordinator no later than two weeks after completion of the clinical.
|Confidentiality Agreement and Acknowledgement of Orientation Modules – Updated 6/26/2020|
|Student Evaluation of the Clinical Site OR Precepted Clinical – Updated 5/24/2019|
|Student Immunization & Health Requirements – Updated 12/14/2018|
Final reminder for students:
- Always wear your student name badge that identifies you.
- Some facilities may assign a name badge to you. Please return it at the end of your clinical, or you may be charged a replacement fee and/or your school records held.
- Adhere to site policies, procedures, and dress codes.
- Keep patients at the center of your experience and practice safely.
- Ask questions if you are not familiar with something.
- Seek out experiences as they become available and have a great learning experience!